Handbook of Medical Surgical Nursing:-
The Handbook of Medical Surgical Nursing is a concise version of Dr BT Basavanthappa’s Medical Surgical Nursing, Third edition. This book is a ready reckoner for most commonly encountered diseases and discorders, pertaining to medical surgical conditions. Since this handbook is completely designed as a cross reference to the textbook, it helps the reders and students for quick and speedy references to disease conditions and their etiology, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, diagnostic studies, medical management and nursing management in detail.
Practice of Medical Surgical Nursing:-
Practice Workbook of Medical Surgical Nursing is a clinical record of experience in the area of medical surgical nursing. The features of this book are that it provides proper guidelines for students to write assignment and provide proper format of writing them, which includes:
- History Taking
- Physical Examination
- Nursing Care Plan
- Bedside Demonstration
- Case Presentation/Case Study
- Health Talk
- Drug Study
- The third revision of Medical Surgical Nursing addresses the concepts and skills needed for adult patient care.
- Provides balanced attention to the art and science of Medical Surgical Nursing. Text has been arranged in 22 fully updated chapters.
- Begins with the chapter on history of medicine and nursing in India, further explaining the concept of nursing process and its application.
- Chapter 3 introduces human genetics and genomic nursing and subsequent chapters on immunological problems, responsibilities of nurses in perioperative nursing, critical care and oncological nursing.
- The remaining chapters organised into system-wise disorders, such as respiratory nursing, gastrointestinal nursing, cardiovascular nursing, neurological nursing, orthopedic nursing, urological nursing, reproductive health nursing, etc.
- Discusses pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, assessment and diagnostic findings, medical management and nursing management of every disorder.
- For specific disorders, nursing process has been applied and nursing care plans have been included.
- Relevant information of disorders given in colored attractive boxes and easy-to-understand tables.
- Some important procedures have been included in the respective chapter for ready reference.
- Includes extensive Appendices on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, Index of Normal Values, Diets in Health and Illness, Terminology, Prefixes and Suffixes, and Abbreviations.
- Must-have book for nursing undergraduate and postgraduate students.
search tags: BT, Basavanthappa, basavantappa, basavanthapa