- This textbook explains the basic principles of Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics and their application to health and disease.
- It presents core information to introduce basic concepts and thereby apply the acquired knowledge in nursing practice.
- Third edition is comprehensively updated to meet the constantly changing health needs of people.
- Content has been reorganized and significant changes have been made during the development of the text to include addition of a new section on biochemistry and recent updates in the Nutrition section as per the revised syllabus outlined by the Indian Nursing Council.
- This book can be used by students and teachers of Biochemistry, Nutrition, Dietetics, Nursing, Medicine, and other health sciences.
- Highlights: Now in FULL COLOR! UPDATED!
- As per the revised Indian Nursing Council syllabus NEW! Section on biochemistry comprising 8 chapters “Nutrition” included in chapter Therapeutic Diets to address the basic nutrition needs of affected patients NEW! Chapter Nutrition Deficiency Disorders included which covers causes, signs and symptoms, and management of important and prevalent disease conditions such as severe acute malnutrition, childhood obesity, and deficiency disorders of vitamins and minerals UPDATED! Recommended dietary allowances, IYCF guidelines, anemia in pregnancy and adolescence, and nutrition education Recipes for different types of diet and sample menus for important diseases included for ready reference Important topics like “Calculation of nutritive value of foods” included with examples for easy understanding Enzymes of diagnostic importance for various diseases discussed Metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids illustrated for better understanding Content presented in a student friendly manner complemented with plenty of illustrations, flowcharts, and tables Chapter-end summaries for quick review and Self-Assessment section as per University examination pattern An extensive glossary included
Basic and Applied Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietetics for Nursing, 3/e 2021 by Sheila John and Jasmine Devaselvam
- Author : Sheila John and Jasmine Devaselvam
- Edition : 3rd
- Year : 2021
- Publisher : Wolters Kluwer (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Language : English
- Paperback : 370 pages
- ISBN-13 : 9789390612970
- Dimensions : 20.3 x 25.4 x 4.7 cm
- Condition : New
We ship your books within 24 hours of placing an order. We take extra care to ensure your books are carefully checked for damages or missing pages before they are packed. You will receive routine SMS updates about the status and location of your package. In the event that these messages do not reach you, please feel free to reach out to us via the WhatsApp button on the lower-left corner of your screen and we will gladly share the tracking details with you.
Books once dispatched should reach you in 3 to 4 working days.
Oh and one last thing! .......Thank you for shopping at Prithvi :)