- This book focuses on principles and clinical perspectives of social psychiatry.
- The social psychiatric aspects of various disorders find due space, and so do the various issues related to social psychiatry.
- It is enthralling to notice that several issues which are particularly relevant to the Indian cultural context (like rural mental health and farmer suicides) are covered. This book is divided into 6 sections, which are further divided into 50 chapters. Section 1 gives a brief introduction to the discipline of social psychiatry going into its historical development across the world and in India.
- Section 2 includes conceptual issues on the relationship between mental health and society.
- It begins with a chapter on the concept of social psychiatry. It then highlights the family and social context in relation to the mental health of the individual. Section 3 covers the social dimensions of psychiatric disorders.
- Section 4 expands upon the social interventions that are relevant to the field of social psychiatry. Social support and networking are presented first which highlights the dynamic social networks of the present times. Thereafter, couple therapies, family therapies, and group therapies are discussed. Section 5, dwells upon the social issues and mental health.
- The last section discusses the contemporaneous issues in relation to social psychiatry like relationship issues, effect of COVID-19, behavioral addictions, and loneliness. Social psychiatry has a wide range and multiple interfaces.
- This book provides information and perspective to the readers and contributes to the cause of advancement of social psychiatry.
Social Psychiatry: Principles & Clinical Perspectives 2/e 2024 by Rakesh K Chadda
- Author : Rakesh K Chadda
- Edition : 2nd
- Year : 2024
- Publisher : Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt Ltd
- Pages : 630 pages
- ISBN-13 : 9789356965416
- Product Type : Paper Back
- Condition : New
We ship your books within 24 hours of placing an order. We take extra care to ensure your books are carefully checked for damages or missing pages before they are packed. You will receive routine SMS updates about the status and location of your package. In the event that these messages do not reach you, please feel free to reach out to us via the WhatsApp button on the lower-left corner of your screen and we will gladly share the tracking details with you.
Books once dispatched should reach you in 3 to 4 working days.
Oh and one last thing! .......Thank you for shopping at Prithvi :)