- Comprehensive, concise and concept oriented content.
- All competencies included as per the NMC guidelines in UG Medical education. It has been included with core areas of the subject.
- This book will guide the reader in understanding and completing the subject within the teaching hours provided by the CBME guidelines.
- Bullet-point format makes it easy to read and remember for the reader.
- Simple language enables un-interrupted understanding for the reader.
- Many case-based scenarios are included which help to know the pattern of essay questions.
- Chapter-wise MCQs are included to help understand the subject in depth and for better analysis of the content.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
It gives me immense pleasure to publish this content as a book which is the hard work of two years to present medical microbiology in an understandable, concise and clear concept oriented form for the undergraduate student, nursing and B.Sc M LT student to appear for UHS exams without fear and with more confidence. It is most useful for quick review of the subject at the time of examination. This is purely based on Competency Based Medical Education suggested by National Medical Council (NMC) of India.
All the chapters written on system-based approach not an organism based. More updates have been included at appropriate chapters regarding the epidemiological aspects and diagnostic modalities of various diseases. Recent advances in infectious diseases published in CDC (Center Disease Control and Prevention) and WHO (World Health Organization) have been incorporated. More commonly asked questions in the university examinations has been included with their answers. Focus is mainly on the topics which are must-learn as an undergraduate student.
Salient features of some of the organisms, list of microbes causing certain communicable diseases and their importance have been included. Entire microbiology subject has been divided in to various systems as per the N MC guidelines and detailed information has been provided with the mandatory headings and points in bullet format. This book will remove certain feelings of the students about microbiology the Most of the times students are more apprehensive about the subject microbiology due to it’s volatility since most of the information is closely related between many organisms. Case scenarios, short note questions and MCQs have been included in this book.