- The book outlines various levels of practice.
- Policies are the principles of practice to which the Unit conforms. These should be adhered to in all but exceptional circumstances.
- Protocols represent the standard approach to practice in the Unit. These represent strategies that have been derived from evidence-based medicine, clinical experience and wherever appropriate, cost-effectiveness. Protocols are further designed into Guidelines, which are strategies to assist in clinical management.
- Procedures are standard techniques performed in patients to facilitate the management protocol. However, these techniques may be modified depending on the limitations in the hospital.
- Eventually, the way a patient is managed will depend on the clinical situation.
search tags: S moied ahmed, syed moied ahmed
There are no reviews yet.