The landmark text on how to achieve optimal patient outcomes through evidence-based medication therapy—completely updated to reflect the latest research and recommendations
Pharmacotherapy: a Pathophysiologic approach is written to help readers advance the quality of patient care through evidence-based medication therapy derived from sound pharmacotherapeutic principles. The scope of this trusted classic goes beyond drug indications and dosages to include the initial selection, proper administration, and monitoring of drugs. Readers will find everything they need to provide safe, effective drug therapy across the full range of therapeutic categories.
This edition is enriched by more than 300 expert contributors, and every br>Chapter has been revised and updated to reflect the latest in evidence-based information and recommendations. Important features such as key concepts at the beginning of each br>Chapter, clinical presentation tables that summarize disease signs and symptoms, and clinical controversies boxes that examine the complicated issues faced by students and clinicians in providing drug therapy make this text an essential learning tool for students, patient-focused pharmacists, and other health care providers.
1. Number one text in pharmacotherapy—considered the pharmacy “Bible”
2. New authors and more than 300 expert contributors
3. Every br>Chapter has been revised and updated to reflect the latest evidence-based information and recommendations
4. All diagnostic flow diagrams, treatment algorithms, dosing guideline recommendations, and monitoring approaches have been updated in full color to clearly distinguish treatment pathways
5. New drug monitoring tables have been added
6.Most of the disease-oriented chapters have incorporated evidence-based treatment guidelines that include, when available, ratings of the level of evidence to support the key therapeutic approaches.