Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Microbiology South Asian edition is the updated version of one of the favorite tools for students to learn microbiology. Part of the popular Lippincott Illustrated Reviews series, this proven approach uses clear,concise writing and hundreds of dynamic illustration to take students into the realms of the microbial world. The contents of the book have been extensively revised and updated in order to make them relevant for the countries in South Asia. In keeping with the revised competency-based medical curriculum for undergraduates, this book lays adequate stress on clinical applications of diagnostic procedures, clinically important microorganisms, and case studies, all of which would help students hone their practical knowledge and clinical skills. The edition makes exam preparation more efficient than ever with hundreds of study questions, including multiple choice questions, long answer questions, and short questions that will help the studentts prepare for various exams, including university exams, postgraduate entrance exams ( MD/MS/DNB ), and USMLE.
- The Chapter on Quick Review of Clinically Important Microorganisms provides the summary of important bacterial and viral pathogens in a tabular form. This section world be particularly useful for last minute revision.
- The chapter on Disease Summaries includes important clinical conditions/syndromes, such as sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections, meningitis, gastrointestinal tract infections, respiratory tract infections, hepatitis, and opportunistic infections of HIV.
- The Chapter on Illustrated case studies presents clinical cases of various infectious diseases in questions-and-answer format.
- Each of the chapters is followed by Study Questions in various formats, such as Multiple choices questions, short answer questions, and Long answer questions. This would help in self-assessment, preparation for the University exams, Postgraduate (MD/MS/DNB ) entrance exams, and USMLE.
- Over 400 color illustrations enhance learning retention by simplifying the key features of complex microorganisms.
- Additional online content in the form of solved short answer and long answer questions.
search tags: Sumathi Muralidhar, Rohit Chawla, sumati, muralidar, rohith, chavla