Gynecological Emergencies is an invaluable reference guide for busy practitioners and students who want to optimize their practice of gynecological emergency management. This book holds promise for all gynecologists as it covers in depth, yet succinctly, the entire armamentarium of gynecological emergencies for adolescent, reproductive age and post-menopausal age group. In this book, clinical emergencies associated with puberty, menstruation and menopause with the appropriate investigations and management strategies have been very well elucidated by the authors in a very streamlined fashion. Many new chapters have been added like post coital bleeding, management of ovarian mass in pre-menopausal and postmenopausal women. Special emphasis is given to the ethical and medicolegal issues related to gynecological emergencies like assault and rape. A few chapters have been modernized completely to incorporate the new evidence-based practice guidelines. This book will provide an effective learning experience and serve as an outstanding reference manual for all current and future gynecologists and practitioners, leading to improved patient care.
- An invaluable reference guide for students and gynecologists.
- Covers management of all Gynecological Emergencies in a simple and precise manner.
- New modernized version incorporating evidence-based practice guidelines using diagrams, user-friendly flowcharts and tabulated data.
- Special emphasis given to ethical and medicolegal issues, clinical emergencies associated with puberty, menstruation and menopause with the appropriate investigations and management strategies.
- Concise yet updated algorithms that were the hallmark of success for the first edition.
search tags: Kamini A Rao, Arveen Vohra, Emergencies