Key Features :-
- All chapters have been revised to include the latest key studies and updated techniques.
- One new chapter has been written on antiviral drugs other than HIV.
- A complete book for screening of drugs both in vivo and in vitro models for drugs of all classes viz. autonomic nervous system, central nervous system, analgesics, anti-inflammatory, cardiovascular and neurological disorders, cancer, HIV, diabetes, stem cells, antiemetics, absorption and metabolism, hormones, ophthalmic diseases, etc.
- The chapter on Newer Tools for Drug Screening has been updated providing information on novel concepts like cassette dosing, virtual screening application of LC-MS/MS in bioanalysis, etc.
- The readers would find the chapter on Stem Cell Therapy, interesting and informative to read.
- Comprehensive chapters on Cell-based Assays in High-throughput Screening of Drugs and Screening of Antiviral Agents have been new additions in this edition.
- Chapters on difficult and challenging areas of research like Diabetic Retinopathy, Ocular Inflammation and Ocular Toxicity have been complied to open up renewed interest for research on these topics.
- All the chapters are well- elucidated and have been authored by the researchers with a vast experience and actively working in the area in India and abroad.
search tags: gupte, gupta, sk, goopta, guptha