This new edition of the authoritative pharmacotherapy text has been fully updated with the latest evidence-based information and recommendations
For more than 30 years, Dipiro’s Pharmacotherapy has been the essential textbook for learning how to properly select, administer, and monitor drugs―everything needed to provide safe, effective drug therapy across all therapeutic categories.
With content from 300 expert contributors, it offers detailed descriptions of common and uncommon disease states, including treatment by pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic means. Each disease chapter opens with Patient Care Process, helping readers understand the collaborative care model in which pharmacists work and communicate with other healthcare providers for effective coordinated care.
1. 400 illustrations
2. 300 expert contributors
4. Loaded with pedagogy to help students fully master concepts and practices
5. Key concepts begin each chapter
6. Includes algorithms, dosing recommendations, and monitoring approaches
7. Diagnostic flow diagrams, treatment algorithms, dosing guideline recommendations, and monitoring approaches updated in full color to clearly distinguish treatment pathways
8. New drug monitoring tables have been added
9. Patient care process boxes help readers know how to communicate with other health care providers