The API Textbook of Medicine was first published in 1969. For more than 50 years, the Association of Physicians of India (API) has been regularly publishing the Textbook which is read by the medical students of our country. The current edition is up-to-date, reader-friendly and a realistic textbook, authoritatively written by experts with immense knowledge and experience, making it an ideal reference tool for Clinicians, Practitioners, and Students. The theme of the book from bedside to the bench to clinical management of cases—is well elucidated. The style and layout of the book is similar to that of the earlier editions. The contents of the book have been modified as per the latest advances and made as contemporary as possible.
- Up-to-date edition, all chapters and sections have been thoroughly updated with newer information.
- An entirely new part SARS COVID-19, under the section “VIRAL INFECTIONS” has been added, that cover major topics such as Covid-19: epidemiology, clinical course, treatment, lab-diagnosis, Covid complications and care clinics, etc.
- A separate chapter on Covid Vaccination is included.
- Section-HIV Medicine is broadened to various aspects including HIV Malignancy, Antiretroviral Therapy and interactions, HIV and Pregnancy, HIV-2 etc.
- A novel chapter on DNA-Repair Deficiency and Lysosomal Storage Disorders have been added.
- A separate chapter on the Impact of Covid-19 on Hospital Environment under section “Environmental Medicine” is presented separately.
- Authoritatively written by experts with immense knowledge and experience.
search tag: api text book of medicine , sandya kamat sandhya A Kamath sandhya kamath 12 edition