- The Second Edition of this book was the Winner of the First Prize (Respiratory Category) at the British Medical Association Medical Book Awards. Textbook of Pleural Diseases is a comprehensive reference that covers both the basic and clinical science on pleural diseases.
- Building on the highly respected previous editions, it includes a detailed basic science section for enhanced understanding of both the physiological and pathophysiological mechanisms that underpin diseases of the pleura.
- The clinical sections are written in a uniform style and include the definition, epidemiology, etiology, pathogenesis, clinical presentation, investigations, treatments, and possible complications for various pleural diseases. Other clinical chapters discuss both familiar and less common disease aspects.
- Five new chapters have been added covering new technologies in the clinical management of pleural diseases, procedural complications and safety measures, and the setting up of a pleural practice.
- The remaining chapters have been substantially updated. About a third of the 50 chapters in this edition are written by new expert authors providing a fresh view and reflecting the expansion of knowledge in the field.
- Each chapter includes a bullet-point summary, and published management guidelines are included where relevant.
- Also included is a “Key Points” section in each chapter that highlights patient management, making this an indispensable reference for pulmonary physicians, internists, thoracic surgeons and trainees worldwide.
Textbook of Pleural Diseases 3ed 2016 by Richard W. Light
- Author : Richard W. Light
- Edition : 3rd
- Publisher : CRC Press (22 January 2016)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 651 pages
- ISBN-13 : 9781482222500
- Dimensions : 20.3 x 25.4 x 4.7 cm
- Condition : New
We ship your books within 24 hours of placing an order. We take extra care to ensure your books are carefully checked for damages or missing pages before they are packed. You will receive routine SMS updates about the status and location of your package. In the event that these messages do not reach you, please feel free to reach out to us via the WhatsApp button on the lower-left corner of your screen and we will gladly share the tracking details with you.
Books once dispatched should reach you in 3 to 4 working days.
Oh and one last thing! .......Thank you for shopping at Prithvi :)