Key Features Contains recent investigations and treatment protocols. Charts for easy remembering. Coloured illustrations for easy understanding. Simple format and language used. Useful for Internal Medicine postgraduates and general practitioners. Quick revision/review of all the specialities of Internal Medicine. Can also be used as a preparatory manual for NEET/ SS Exam. Based upon Harrisons Internal Medicine 20th ed and Up-to-date journal
- Preface to Third Edition “Patients need GOOD DOCTORS.”
- “Good doctors” make the care of their patients as their first concern. They are competent, keep their knowledge and skills up to date, establish and maintain good relationships with patients and colleagues, are honest and trustworthy, and act with integrity and within the law.” – General Medical Council
- The overwhelming enthusiasm and warm welcome from the medical fraternity, for which I am immensely thankful and greatly indebted, urged me constantly to fetch forth the completely revised third edition of the book: “Medicine At Your Fingertips”.
- It sprouts out fully impregnated with all recent developments and up to date knowledge in Medicine, enabling the budding and blossoming medical students and practitioners to adapt and adhere to evidence-based, Good Standard Practice in the care and management of the patients.
- Meticulous efforts have been put forth to make the presentation as simple as possible to make Medicine a child’s play to learn. Thoughtful planning has been made to bring the book as a knowledge bank in Medicine, with all up to date information – condensed, compressed and highlighted – for the students to face every examination and the practitioners to manage their patients competently.
- With a special emphasis on the methodology of investigations and management of the patients; through “Medicine At Your Fingertips” I have tried to cover the investigations and medical management in a live mode, thus trying to fill up the knowledge lacunae felt in all the other books.
- If it strives in the making up of the ‘Good Doctors’, myself, as a teacher and an author, would feel it as a priceless gift and great honor for me.
- I sincerely hope this will be of great use not only for exam preparations, but also in laying a strong foundation on ones aspirations to become a leading specialist and better health care providers of tomorrow.
- I thank Dr Manu Sudhi and Dr Adarsh Jayasoorya for their timely help and support.
search tags: gireesh kumar, KP, girish, kumer