No book has dominated a single undergrad subject as much as O P Ghai has dominated Pediatrics. Ghai Essential Pediatrics has been rewritten and improved upon for over 40 years. With over 40 highly qualified contributors, the 9th edition of Ghai Essential Pediatrics is up to date with the most current information on diagnoses and therapies in pediatrics.
Unique features of this edition :
- A lot of emphases is laid on the identification and treatment of the most common pediatric conditions. The bulk of the cases you would encounter should you start to practice as a pediatrician.
- Generous use of tables and algorithms to illustrate various differential diagnostics.
- Key chapters like infections, immunizations, gastrointestinal system, malignancies, inborn errors of metabolism and nutrition are thoroughly revised when compared to older editions.
- Guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of several infectious diseases are updated as per the latest WHO and national standards.
- Fresh perspectives from new contributing authors on disorders of development, central nervous system, otorhinolaryngology, micronutrients, poisonings, and IMNCI
- Novel color demarcations are incorporated to make finding ( and remembering) important content a piece of cake!
- Ample references to related resources provided for further reading.
- Unrestricted free access to the CBSiCentral app with additional resources like tables, algorithms, radiographs and clinical photographs.
OUR ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDATION :
After you have built a solid foundation by understanding most of the concepts in OP Ghai, you can refer to Nelson Pediatrics for enhanced understanding. Granted Nelson is meant for the PG level, but you can selectively read the frequently asked exam topics once from Nelson as well to attain better overall understanding.